All about patched firmware that emulate Viaccess PC2.3, NagraVision, Seca, Irdeto on receiver Strong SRT 4125 (4155, 4355) Evolution.
Introduction. Strong 4125 it is a receiver for reception of free (FTA) satellite channels. But were found so-called crackers which have changed the initial soft (firmware) sewed up in a receiver, that it could decode the channels crypted in Viaccess 2.3, NagraVision, Seca and Irdeto (without a card of conditional access, without a user's payment). It was required to update in time only keys for these cryptings. To download the emulator (patch) in a receiver will be necessary:
1. Receiver Strong SRT4125(4155-4355) Evolution - 1 piece.
2. Serial Null-modem cable - 1 piece.
3. Patched firmware "4125E-AllCam" or "x4125emu_D3C" for 4125, and "x4355E" for 4155 and 4355.
4. Computer - 1 piece.
Now you need to do:
1. Strong 4125. For the beginning pay attention to serial number and the version of a firmware of a receiver. Serial number of a receiver of kind S/N 63040 ******* is put on a receiver from below. To learn the version of a firmware press the Menu => “Installation” => (enter a code, by default 1234) => “Installation of System” => “Information of System” => to the right and will see the following menu:
where the FIRMWARE 1.X is a version of your firmware.
2. Strong 4125. Download a file with necessary tools to make available special features in SRT4125E: "x4125emu _ D3C" or "4125E-AllCam" (depends on serial number, is more detailed about it below). For Strong 4155-4355 - "x4355E". Unpack all in a new folder.
3. To update receiver you need to disconnect receiver and computer from the mains. Then connect receiver to PC (COM1) by serial cable (Null-modem cable). The circuit scheme of Null-modem cable is below:
4. Plug PC to the mains. Start bath file "fw-update-xCAS-4125E-d3C.bat", or "fw-update-special.bat" (or "x4355E-fw-upd.bat"), plug receiver to the mains, and transfer it on STANDBY mode (should burn a red light-emitting diode). You will see sort of messages. Update finished, when in DOS screen appear the next:
SW update: OK, now you can power off STB
> SW update status: OK, [overall time: 94.916(seconds)]
> press any key for terminate programm...
5. After this message you need to disconnect receiver from the mains and connect it back. You can use it's extra features after editing keys. To edit keys: the Menu => Installation => (enter a code, by default 1234) => Installation of System => the Information of System => to the right and will see the following menu:
If you press 9999, you will enter to a SET-TO-SET download menu:
If you press 9994, you will enter to the Key's menu. Follow help to edit values. When you asked to use "Info" button - use "Func". Actual keys you need to find in the Internet and enter them using that menu:
OTA function blocked here.
Note: if some channels was installed in the receiver (even pre-installedchannels from factory) before update by this tool then channel list will be corrupted. You need reset receiver to factory default and install channels again.
Strong 4125. For receivers with different serial numbers (S/N) – different patches: for receivers S/N which begins with 630402 ****** use a file “4125E-AllCam.rar”, and for receivers S/N which begins with 63040318 **** use a file “x4125emu_D3C.rar”. Because in last receivers from Strong S/N which begins with 63040318 **** and later the new chip is applied. In result the usual patch on these receivers does not work. A symptom: the receiver shows levels of signals, but does not decode the channel. For receivers SRT 4155 and 4355 S/N value has no important.
- Do not download firmware found on suspicious Web-sites. There can be certain problems, for example a receiver will not be switched-ON (a symptom – not switched light-emitting diode remaining eternally red). In this case it is necessary to connect two receivers Strong and to restore a factory firmware from a "new" receiver in unsuccessful patched receiver, using the download menu (the Menu => Installation => (enter a code, by default 1234) => Installation of System => Information of System => to the right => type 9999). You will see the following:
If you choose 1-st point, you will download a firmware from the current receiver in another. Choosing 2-nd point allows to overtake all options of channels, and also keys. I shall notice, 2-nd "new" receiver should be in a STANDBY mode. Other variant - to download a factory firmware from an official site of the company Strong using utility DnUpManager 1.0.3 (2.0 beta).
If receiver and computer are connected to the mains, do not connect Null-modem cable to one of them. All connections only at switched - off techniques from the mains. During downloading of the patch from PC in a receiver, do not start any application, don't disconnect a receiver from the mains. Wait confirmation of the ending of downloading and only after that switch off a computer, disconnect receiver and computer from the mains, disconnect Null-modem cable.
It is recommended to download the patch only once, because the patched firmware further will not be determined. If you patched a receiver 2-nd time and it does not switched-ON, try to download a factory firmware from new receiver, or to download a factory firmware (for SRT 4155 and 4355 - "4155Evo_1_3_1ST"), using utility DnUpManager 1.0.3 (2.0 beta).
Keys we take there: http://www.sat-key.org
Dare, all programs are checked personally up me (author) not one times – and not any killed receivers. Change of channel crypting systems any more not behind mountains also is last chance to see channels in old cryptings.
Frocus (september, 25 2004)